Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Hello everyone!
So today I wasn't feeling well when I woke up, I think I am coming down with a cold or something, but I called out of work so that I wouldn't be dead tonight when I had to go to class and a 3 hour long play for class. So Ill tell you all about my weekend. Well Wednesday night we do what we always do and we went to Imperial College for 1.50 beer night. That is always a lot of fun because its all college students and there is usually a football game one and people are just always in great friendly moods. We made some friends, the football team was there actually and they decided it would be a good night o have everyone dress up, and when I saw dress up I mean in ridiculous outfits like Pokemon, and animals, aliens, and anything else ridiculous you can think of. So there was a lot of us talking to them wondering what the heck was going on. We met up with our old ginger friend Frankie and made plans for later in the week to hang out. We also made plans with some other people, because we think its about time that we had some non-American friends. In all it was a great night, as usual.
Thursday night we stayed in because we were all starting to get sick (reason I stayed home today). I think its actually been miraculous how I haven't really gotten sick here that bad. I have had a couple colds here and there but for the amount of running around I have been doing and considering that I am in a large city with dirty air, I haven't been that bad. My roommate and I were actually talking the other day about how sometimes we blow our nose and its black! And she told me that's because of all the dirt in the air, and I just never knew. I was very surprised that my asthma hasn't killed me by now with that kinda air quality.
Friday night my roommates Erin and Mairead and I met up with my dad's college roommate John and his wife Jane for a few drinks. We went to a couple different places around London and just chatted and caught up. It was a great time tho and my roommates love John and Jane. After that we me up with someone we have hung out with a couple times at the college bar. His name is Quenten and he is french, but he lived in Canada for like 8 years so hes a little more grounded then just plain French people ;) He said that a bunch of his friends were going to this club and said we were more than welcome to join. We told him we don't usually do clubs because they are way to expensive and usually have an entrance fee, he said he knew someone there and that we could get in for free. Well he kinda lied but he got us in for 10 pounds instead of the usual 20. When we walked in it was like walking into a scene from my super sweet sixteen! There were chandeliers (spelling?) and all the walls has cushion like things on them and there were like velvet couches and it was just insane. So we stop drooling over this place (which we were very under dressed for by the way because we didnt know we were going to a club, and had dressed to meet up with John and Jane) and we go to the bar to order a drink. I get there and I am looking at the menu and my mouth dropped becuase bottles of wine were over 100 pounds and there was a bottle champagne for 1655 pounds! Can you believe that! I heard someone else ask the bartender what the cheapest thing on the menu was and he said a shot of liquor for 6 pounds. So I sucked it up and bought a 9 pound vodka tonic with lime. Needless to say that was my only drink at the club. But we had a blast dancing to the crazy music and watching all the rich people around us getting bottles of Grey Goose and lighting them on fire with sparklers and stuff..I think that type of place would be nice for a special occasion. Like maybe out last weekend here and we can all get dressed up and go to a nice place like that instead of slummin' it at the pubs. But for just a regular weekend out? This girl on a budget cant handle it!
Saturday night we were too tired form our hours of dancing that we decided to stay in. We had a few of our new british friends come over and we just hung out in our apartment and had a few drinks but I was fine with that because I got to do it all in my PJ's and slippers.
It wasnt a very exciting weekend in terms of adventures. This was the first weekend that we were not away somewhere and no one had anyone coming to visit, so it was nice just to be us. Next weekend tho is Easter and Ellen is coming from Paris to visit! I CANT WAIT! She is also bringing a friend or two and then my roommate Erin is also having a visitor so well be cozy like sardines this weekend.
On top of all of those guests, my roommates and I have decided that we should put on an Easter dinner for all of our friends. Well our guest list has kinda blown up and now were up to almost 25 people. I don't know where everyone will go (people will probably be eating on beds) or where were going to be able to get all this food from..but were going to try to make it work. Hopefully some people will just decided to do something else and we can get that list down to a few less people.
Well that's all for now. I have a play to go to tonight for my theater class. Should be good but Ill be out late so I'm going to take a nap to make sure I make it!
Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment